Skip navigation
Skip navigation

Financial Aid, Veterans Benefits and Tuition Assistance

A guide to financial aid and benefits for veterans and military members, and their families.
    • Scholarships 

      CCC students can apply for a number of privately funded scholarships, including the Veterans and Military Appreciation Scholarship and the Women Veterans Scholarship.

      Apply for Scholarships  

      Veterans Appreciation Scholarship

      Central Community College created the general Veterans Appreciation Scholarship to express its gratitude to the men and women who have served our country honorably. The scholarship offers multiple scholarships up to $500 awarded to students to help offset the costs of higher education and make college accessible for hardworking, talented students who have served in the U.S. Armed Forces.

      Dependents Scholarship - Central Community College

      The Central Community College recognizes the unique challenges today’s military families face in pursuing additional training or education. Frequent moves make it difficult to complete programs and establish a career. We are here to help ease the financial obstacles that accompany pursuing a higher education

      Women Veterans Scholarship in Honor of Wilma Kellogg

      This scholarship will  encourage Women Veterans and Women who are  currently serving in the U.S. armed forces to achieve their academic and career goals by helping to ease the financial burden that accompany pursuing a higher education. This scholarship is based upon academic achievement and leadership as expressed through co-curricular activities and community involvement. Open to all military women and women veterans. Each scholarship is intended to provide financial assistance to women working to gain an Associates or Transfer degree at Central Community College and available to full– or part-time students.

      Visit the Salute to Women Warriors Page for more information about 1st Lt.Wilma Kellogg.

      Salute to Women Warriors

      Scholarship Eligibility

      Dependent of a family member serving any branch of the United States Armed Service with or without VA educational assistance may be eligible.

          - Dependent must provide a valid Military ID.
          - Must be enrolled at Central Community College at least half time.
          - Maintain satisfactory academic progress per the Financial aid Office.
          - Be pursuing his/her degree or diploma.
          - Selection is based on academic achievement, employment and school activities,
            quality of the personal statement, application completeness and recommendations.

      Applying for Scholarships

      Application dates

      Applications Available: Late November for following year
      Application Deadline: March 1st for the following academic year
      Award Announcement: April 15th for following academic year
      Registration Status: Recipients must enroll full time unless otherwise noted
      Scholarships based on need: Some scholarships have need as one of the selection criteria. To be considered for these scholarships, you must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at and have a complete financial aid file in place no later than March 15th.

    • Federal Financial Aid

      There are multiple types of aid for qualified students that include grants, loans, and work study. Check out our financial aid page for more information.

      Financial Aid Shopping Sheet

      The Financial Aid Shopping Sheetis a consumer tool that participating institutions use to notify students about their financial aid package. It is a standardized form that is designed to simplify the information that prospective students receive about costs and financial aid so that they can easily compare institutions and make informed decisions about where to attend school. CCC students can find their Financial Aid Shopping Sheet through Web Central.

    • Veteran’s Benefits

      As a veteran, you and eligible dependents are entitled to certain benefits and are eligible to participate in certain programs. The following information should serve as a brief overview of these programs and your benefits.  Contact the VMRC office on your campus for additional information.

      If you are qualified and wish to use your Veterans Educational Benefits you must be admitted to a state-approved degree or certificate program and complete the appropriate chapter paperwork.

      Veterans Education Programs 
      Approved Education and Job Training Programs 
      Approved License and Certificate Programs 
      Approved National Exams 
      Yellow Ribbon Program Information

      Using VA Benefits

      Students using VA benefits need to submit the following items to the Office of Military and Veteran Services:

      • Copy of the application of the benefit you applied for. Ex. 22-1990, 22-1990e, and 22-5490
      • Copy of DD214 .
      • Certificate of Eligibility (this will be given to you by the VA once your application is approved).
      • Please bring all VA education benefit information to EAB 103 Veterans Services.
    • Federal Tuition Assistance

      The Federal Tuition Assistance (FTA) program provides financial assistance to students currently serving in the national guard, reserves, or on Active Duty for voluntary education programs that support professional and personal self-development goals. FTA is available for courses that are offered in the classroom or by distance learning, and is part of an approved academic degree or certificate program.

      Additional information, eligibility, benefits and steps to apply

      For additional information, Eligibility, Benefits, and steps on how to apply, visit

      Students FTA enrollment requests must be submitted and approved through GoArmyEd prior to the course start date. Once approved, authorization forms should be submitted to Student Accounts on your campus. All other application and approval questions should be addressed to your unit or the GoArmyEd help line at 651-282-4589. Note there are required deadlines prior to course registration.

      Nebraska National Guard POC is Federal TA (Guard): Robyn R. Huskey,  Education Services Specialist 402-309-8150

      Nebraska- State Tuition Assistance 

      Nebraska State Tuition Assistance program is funded by the State of Nebraska  and is an educational benefit for Nebraska Army National Guard and Nebraska Air Guard students, This program provide 75% of Tuition up to in-state rate however student must exhaust FTA first. Enlisted personnel only, only to the Bachelor's level, Must agree to serve an additional 3 yr with NEARNG. Payment directly to school upon successful completion of course. Note there are required deadlines prior to course registration.

      Eligibility, requirements and application

      For Eligibility, Requirements and Application go to

      Nebraska Statue Tuition Assistance Program POC: Cindy York 402.309.7143

      Reservist Tuition Credit Program

      Nebraska residents who are enlisted members of a Nebraska-based unit of the Active Selected Reserve may be eligible for a 50% tuition credit to the University of Nebraska campuses, Nebraska state colleges and Nebraska community colleges. This program is allowed 200 new applicants each calendar year.

      The University of Nebraska, the Nebraska State College System, and the Nebraska Community College System participate in a tuition credit program that will provide a credit for 50% of the tuition charges for enlisted members of Nebraska-based units of the Active Reserve of the armed forces of the United States; as set forth in NE Revised State Statutes 80-901, 80-902 & 80-903. Note there are required deadlines prior to course registration.

      Eligibility, Requirements and Application

      At any point Central Community College’s Education Service Officer in our Veterans and Military Resource can assist and direct you

      Grand Island & Kearney
      Travis Karr 
      (308) 398-7376    

      Hastings & Kearney
      Ashley Allen
      (402) 460-2137 

      Sarah Woehl 
      (402) 562-1436

      Go to the financial aid page for information relating to the financial aid process, timeline for applying, price of books and other course material and program cost information. 

      Central Community College has signed and is in compliance with all standards of Executive Order 13607, The Principles of Excellence for Educational Institutions Serving Service Members, Veterans, Spouses, and Other Family Members. CCC’s policies and procedures follow standards consistent with 34 C.F.R. 668 specifically related to restrictions on fraudulent and aggressive recruitment of military students including, but not limit to, providing compensation to individuals for securing military enrollments or engaging in high-pressure recruitment tactics.

  • Tuition Assistance

    The staff members in the Veterans and Military Resource Centers are experienced in assisting students with military tuition assistance (TA) from all service branches. CCC is approved for TA with all branches. Students must submit their TA request via the process for their branch (see below) for each course and semester they are taking at CCC. Students are welcome to contact the VMRC if they have any questions about course name/number, tuition and fee rates, or TA processing.

  • Who is Eligible: Enlisted members of the Nebraska Army and Air National Guard

    For more information: Nebraska National Guard

    Who is Eligible? - Enlisted members of Nebraska-based units of the Active Reserves attending public state universities or colleges.

    For more information: Nebraska Department of Veterans' Affairs

    Who is Eligible? - Active Duty, Reserves and Army National Guard

    For more information and to submit requests for tuition assistance: GoArmyEd Portal

    Submitting tuition assistance requests via the GoArmyEd Portal - Instructions

    Check out our Youtube Channel for Video instructions to submit TA via GoArmyEd 

    Who is Eligible?- Air Force Active Duty and Reserves

    For more information and to submit a tuition assistance request: Air Force Portal

    (There is no federal tuition assistance for Air National Guard members, but most states provide state-based tuition assistance for Guard members; to find what is offered in your state go to Air National Guard, click on "BENEFITS" and select the state to see what Education Benefits are available or check with your local Air Guard unit.)

    For more information and to submit a tuition assistance request: - complete NETPDTC 1560 form on Navy College Program website

    Who is Eligible? - Active Duty and Reserves in active duty status

    For more information and to submit a tuition assistance request: - complete NETPDTC 1560 form on Marine Corps Community Services website.

    Who is Eligible? - Active Duty, Selective Reserve and Civilian Employees

    For more information and to submit a tuition assistance request: - complete eTA or CGI-4147 at Training Center Cape May website

    In 2012 Central’s Board of Governors awarded all Veterans, active duty military (including Nebraska Guard) and their dependents who are stationed in Nebraska receive in-state, or resident, tuition rates without being a Nebraska. For further information contact the VMRC.