Skip navigation
Skip navigation

Military Spouse and Dependent

A guide to benefits for military families
  • MyCAA at Central Community College

    The Department of Defense (DoD) has made funds available through the Military Spouse Career Advancement Account program (MyCAA) to help pay for licenses, certifications and associate degrees in high-growth, high-demand, portable career fields. CCC is proud to be a participant in the MyCAA program.

    As of October 25, 2010, the MyCAA program is open to all eligible spouses under the new program guidelines.
    For specific details on the MyCAA program, refer to the official MyCAA website.

    Getting started

    • Apply for the MyCAA program.
    • Apply for admission to Central Community College.
    • Contact a CCC academic advisor at your campus.
    • When you register for courses at CCC, provide your TA authorization letter obtained through the MyCAA website.

    Department of Defense

    Post 9/11 GI Bill Transferability

    In addition to the education benefits offered by the Post-9/11 GI Bill, there is a special provision of the program that allows career service members to share their remaining GI Bill education benefits with immediate family members. The key factor is whether or not the member has used any of his or her GI Bill in the past; only unused benefits can be transferred. This means that if the member has used 12 months of his or her GI Bill, then only 24 months of the education benefit remain to be shared.

    Service members must meet specific criteria to be eligible to transfer their GI Bill benefits. This includes having at least six years of service and an obligation to serve at least four more.

    Learn more about the rules for transferring GI Bill benefits.

    State Provided Education Benefits

    Educational benefits for families, particularly the children of deceased, MIA, POW, and disabled veterans, may be available in some states. has developed an on-line general summary of educational benefits for veterans, surviving spouses and their dependents.

    Learn more about State Education Benefits.

  • Additional Resources¬†

    Military ONESOURCE

    This organization provides various kinds of services including brief counseling to veterans and their families if the veteran is still on active duty. Reservists and National Guard personnel can also use this organization if they are still on active duty. 

    National Military Family Association
    For military service personnel and their families

    American Gold Star Moms
    Designed for mothers who have lost a son or daughter in the service of our country.

    Blue Star Mothers
    Designed for mothers who now have or have had children serving in the military., Inc.
    Created to support and educate moms, dads, family, and friends of Marines through online information, chat rooms and message boards. Also helps parents find local support groups (not online).

    Military Family Network
    Created to link together community organizations, local governments and businesses with the goal of supporting family members of our armed services.

    Military HOMEFRONT
    Designed to improve military quality of life, with a wide range of information for troops and families.

    Navy Moms Online
    For Navy parents.

    Our Military Children
    For children of deployed National Guard and Reserve Military

    Proud Army Moms
    For Army moms, dads, spouses, and kids.

    Military Moms
    For parents of services members in all branches. A Christian ministry site with message boards, chat rooms, information, and links.